I hate cooking…
I hate doing dishes…
But I love food!
So that is how this chicken enchilada recipe came to be.
4 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast
10 Whole Wheat Shells (Try to avoid enriched flour)
1 1/2 cups diced onion
1 cup fresh salsa (Try to avoid added sugar)
1 can (28 oz) of diced tomatoes, (no salt added) – Do not drain
1 cup greek yogurt ( I prefer Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla)
2 tsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
3 1/3 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese (low fat if possible)
2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken breast in 9X13 dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- While the chicken is baking, start on the sauce.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add EVOO and diced onion.
- Stir occasionally and let simmer around 4-6 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes to the pan and cover. Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Spray pan(s) with cooking spray.
(I use 2 – 5X8 pans and 1 – 8X8 pan. This gives me two pans of three enchiladas to freeze and one pan of 4 enchiladas for dinner)
- Once the chicken is done baking, reduce the oven to 350 degrees.
- Let the chicken cool until you are able to shred it. (I prefer to use my Ninja blender with cookie dough blade to do shredding.)
- Scoop one red container (3/4 cup) of shredded chicken per shell. Roll chicken inside shell and place in pan.
- Back to the tomatoes and onions, add the Greek yogurt, salsa and salt.
- Stir until mixed well and let simmer a few minutes.
- Let sauce cool enough to put in a blender. Blend until desired consistency (chunky or smooth)
- Pour sauce over enchiladas. Should be about 1/2 cup for each enchilada.
- Using a blue container (1/3 cup) to measure, sprinkle cheese over enchiladas.
- 1/2 blue container per enchilada in the pan. (So four enchiladas in the pan would be two blue containers)
- Any pans that you are cooking, place in oven for 15-20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
- Any pans that you are freezing, let them cool until you can put them in the freezer. You may cook them from frozen (until internal temp is 165) or let them thaw and cook for 20-25 minutes.
10 Servings (one enchilada per serving)
Fixate Containers – Red, Yellow, Green and 1/2 Blue
One thought on “Super Easy Meal Prep Chicken Enchiladas!”